Skip to Main content Skip to Navigation
Conference papers

A Systematic Review of Citations of UTAUT2 Article and Its Usage Trends

Abstract : Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology (UTAUT) is considered as the most comprehensive theory in Information Systems (IS) research to understand technology acceptance across various use contexts. The theory was extended to consumer context by incorporating three external constructs. This extended version is referred as UTAUT2. Although UTAUT2 is relatively new, the increasing number of citations is a testimony to the fact that it’s popular amongst IS researchers especially for examining consumer- focused issues. However, none of the existing studies attempted to analyze the pattern of UTAUT2 citations. This study is aimed to undertake a systematic review of 650 citations with a motivation to fulfill this research gap. The study revealed that majority of the studies i.e. 77% cited UTAUT2 for general citation purpose. However, the remaining 23%, even if they utilized UTATU2, did so in combination with external theories where the moderators of UTAUT2 were rarely considered.
Complete list of metadata

Cited literature [53 references]  Display  Hide  Download

https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01768514
Contributor : Hal Ifip Connect in order to contact the contributor
Submitted on : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 11:56:14 AM
Last modification on : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 - 3:26:02 PM

File

978-3-319-68557-1_5_Chapter.pd...
Files produced by the author(s)

Licence


Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License

Identifiers

Citation

Kuttimani Tamilmani, Nripendra Rana, Yogesh Dwivedi. A Systematic Review of Citations of UTAUT2 Article and Its Usage Trends. 16th Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society (I3E), Nov 2017, Delhi, India. pp.38-49, ⟨10.1007/978-3-319-68557-1_5⟩. ⟨hal-01768514⟩

Share

Metrics

Record views

218

Files downloads

736