HAL will be down for maintenance from Friday, June 10 at 4pm through Monday, June 13 at 9am. More information
Skip to Main content Skip to Navigation
Journal articles

Damaged Apple Sorting with mmWave Imaging and Non-Linear Support Vector Machine

Abstract : This paper is a proof of concept proposing and describing a complete workflow to differentiate healthy from damaged apples, starting with mmWave measurements and ending with a classification based on Support Vector Machine. The method has proven to be successful with only 6% error when scan angle and frequency diversity are used. In a first step, we build a database of more than 1800 images obtained by processing measurements with a two-dimensional fast Fourier transform. Images are then converted to binary and used as the input to a non-linear SVM. At this stage, 90% of the database is used for training, and coefficients C and γ are tuned to minimize the error. The remaining 10% of images are used for testing. In a second step, we assess and discuss the influence of the physical inputs of the database: the frequency, the sparsity of measurement points and the size of the apples. Finally we explore new scenarios considering other fruits.
Document type :
Journal articles
Complete list of metadata

https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-02925919
Contributor : Sophie Gaffé-Clément Connect in order to contact the contributor
Submitted on : Monday, August 31, 2020 - 10:22:21 AM
Last modification on : Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 3:40:47 AM

Identifiers

Citation

Flora Zidane, Jérôme Lanteri, Laurent Brochier, N. Joachimowicz, Hélène Roussel, et al.. Damaged Apple Sorting with mmWave Imaging and Non-Linear Support Vector Machine. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2020, pp.1-1. ⟨10.1109/TAP.2020.3016184⟩. ⟨hal-02925919⟩

Share

Metrics

Record views

122