Skip to Main content Skip to Navigation
Journal articles

Gold and silver quantification from gold-silver nanoshells in HaCaT cells.

Abstract : A method to det. total gold (Au) and/or silver (Ag) elemental concns. from gold nanoparticles, Au-Ag nanoshells (NS) and silica coated Au-Ag nanoshells was developed, evaluated and validated. Samples were mineralized in a mixt. of concd. aqua regia and hydrofluoric acid at 65 °C for 4 h. Mineralized solns. were dild. and std. solns. were prepd. in aqua regia 5%. ICP-MS anal. was performed with or without the use of a reaction cell (CRC). For the detn. of elemental concns. of nanopowders and test suspensions, the av. recovery was 99 ± 2% and 101 ± 2% for gold and silver resp. The repeatability was evaluated by the Relative Std. Deviation (RSD). The overall anal. RSD was ≤4% (n = 3) and the RSD assocd. to ICP-MS anal. was ≤2% (n = 10). The limits of detection were 0.005 and 0.002 μg(element) L-1 (analyzed soln.), and the limits of quantitation 0.017 and 0.005 μg(element) L-1 (analyzed soln.), for 197Au and 109Ag resp. The Ag/Au mass ratios of the NS in the different samples considered were all equal to (0.93 ± 0.04). From this information, the av. thickness of gold and silver layers in the nanoshells was deduced, being 7.5 ± 0.5 and 23 ± 3 nm resp. Finally, the developed method was successfully applied to in vitro studies to evaluate NS cellular uptake in HaCaT keratinocyte cells confirming the method robustness toward biol. medium. Expts. in cell culture medium gave coherent concns., 70-100% of uncoated or silica-coated NS being recovered, distributed between the culture medium and the cells (internalized). The anal. repeatability (over the whole procedure, or that of the ICP-MS anal. only) remains in the same order of magnitude as in test suspensions. Min. concns. less than or equal to 1 μg(element) g-1(suspension) were detd. with the same accuracy.
Document type :
Journal articles
Complete list of metadata

https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01710612
Contributor : Sylvie Blanc <>
Submitted on : Friday, February 16, 2018 - 10:49:52 AM
Last modification on : Friday, April 16, 2021 - 2:30:04 PM

Identifiers

Citation

Stéphane Faucher, Samantha Soulé, Anne-Laure Bulteau, Joachim Allouche, G. Lespes. Gold and silver quantification from gold-silver nanoshells in HaCaT cells.. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, Elsevier, 2018, 47, pp.70-78. ⟨10.1016/j.jtemb.2018.01.017⟩. ⟨hal-01710612⟩

Share

Metrics

Record views

149