Here is the updated scientific production of the STEAMER research team
(Spatio-temporal information, adaptability, multimedia and knowledge representation), part of the research area "Data and Knowledge Processing at Large Scale"
within the LIG
, Grenoble Informatics Laboratory
The research conducted by the group STEAMER is focused on Web-based, spatial-temporal information systems
, and more specifically, on processing spatial-temporal multimedia.
Our objective is to propose formalisms and methods
permitting progression in the conceptualization, implementation and utilization of spatial-temporal multimedia information systems.
Considering the heterogeneous and mobile environments of these systems, we try to take into account:
- the diversity of users (in terms of their needs, priorities, levels of understanding, etc.),
- and its contexts of use (work stations, mobile phones, fixed or variable location, Web)
to offer a service or information adapted in terms of contents and presentation.
Our research is realized through the conceptualization and development of platforms and frameworks
based on the possibilities of object-oriented knowledge systems and:
- structured or semi-structured formalisms (ontologies, objects),
- as well as Web technology (XML, Web services).
The application of our research
takes place in the domain of Geographic Information Systems (interactive cartography, spatial analysis, mobile GIS, location-based services) and natural risks.
Site web du LIG
- Data and Knowledge Processing at Large Scale
- Software, Knowledge
- Artificial Intelligence, Reasoning and inference, Cooperative systems and agents , Knowledge
- Information management systems, Databases , Multimedia information management, Data querying, Sensor data management , Information retrieval, Very large data sets, Spatio-temporal information, WWW models and technologies, Semantic web, Ontologies
- Context: models and adaptation, Decision and action, User representation